Wedding season is here! Well, I mean it almost was… My soon-to-be sister-in-law was supposed to get married in May. She was very excited to start her life with her love of her life. Unfortunately, COVID-19 had other plans. She ended up having to postpone the wedding until November of this year. That’s great, at least it’s in the same year; they can still have a ceremony! The only problem was that her soon-to-be husband was getting deployed into the army mid-May, making things pretty complicated.
On April 25th, 2020 my fiancé gained another brother! Due to his sister’s unique situation, she had to get married, and fast! After completing all the necessary paperwork–a marriage license, setting a court date, getting a certificate, etc.–they had a small ceremony with just family and her wedding party. COVID-19 was not going to stop her from marrying her best friend and move on base with him! It was a beautiful day and it was all about her. It was perfect, just as they are perfect for each other.
Since her wedding was supposed to be in May, she was supposed to have a bridal shower the last week of March. That obviously didn’t happen, unfortunately. Back during Christmas time, I was assigned to bring a dessert. Julianna is an Arbonne Coach and likes to have a healthy lifestyle, so I wanted to make a tasty dessert without all the extra bad stuff. After some research, I decided to make air fryer mini donuts! I bought a display and a cute little sign for it as well! This idea was inspired by my best friend’s engagement party! I borrowed a mixer from a friend and I got all my ingredients at the beginning of the month. I wanted to practice making them and I wanted to get some other people’s opinions. I followed a simple recipe in a book called Healthy Air Fryer Recipes.
- ¼ Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp. Dry Active Yeast
- 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Melted Buttery Spread
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- ⅔ Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- 2 Small Bowls
- Measurement Cups
- Standing Mixer
- Dough Hook
- Large Bowl
- Two 3½-inch ring molds
- Air Fryer
- Fryer Basket
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Wire Rack
- Clean Dish Towel
- Rolling Pin
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
- 200 Calories
- Carbohydrates 27g
- Sugars 11g
- Protein 3g
- Total Fat 2g
- Get your small bowl and combine the dry active yeast, warm water, and 1 tsp. of granulated sugar. Let yeast activate by sitting for 10 minutes or until it expands 3x’s its original size.
- In the Standing Mixer large bowl, combine 3 tbsp. of granulated sugar, 2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ tsp. baking powder, and ¼ tsp. kosher salt.
- Pour in the yeast mixture, 1 tbsp. melted buttery spread, and ½ cup of milk.
- Stir until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with the dough in it with a towel. Leave it aside for 30 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and a floured surface. Use the 3½-inch ring molds to cut out the donuts. Set the donuts aside to rest for 20 more minutes.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 Degree F.
- Spray Fryer Basket with nonstick cooking spray, place 3 donuts in the basket, cook for 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining.
- To make glaze, get a small bowl to whisk together ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar and 1 tbsp. of whole milk until smooth.
- Remove donuts from the fryer, place on a wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip the glaze and top with sprinkles. Let them sit for 20 more minutes before serving.